May 22, 2010

Whats in your cup?

Sometimes you have to go through certain situations to show you who you are and what you need to do to get on the right path.
I guess you can call me stubborn and hard-headed. I need to learn things the hard way. No, scratch that. I used to have to learn things the hard way. Now, I am trying to make the right decisions the first go round.

Due to certain circumstances my mind has shifted from unorganized thoughts and mixed up priorities to tunnel vision for achieving my dreams and destiny over my life. I went through a lot of heart ache and pain (some of which was brought on by myself), but it got me where I am today. Which is better than I have ever been before.

Our trials and tribulations serve us good if we use it in the right way. I'm deciding, with the help of others, to use mine in a more productive, inspirational, encouraging way to get me to where I need to be mentally, physically, and most important spiritually. I used to look at the cup as empty and gradually moved to half empty. I have reached half full but I am trying to get to a place where I view my cup as overflowing (whether there is anything in it or not). That is the true key to peace and happiness in my eyes.

Travel this journey with me. Do not let the pains of yesterday interrupt or take away the joys of tomorrow; hell, the joys of today for that matter. Seize the day and remember, this is the day (night for this matter) that the Lord has made, rejoice and be glad in it. :)

No comments: