True:
1.sincere; not deceitful: a true interest in someone's welfare.
2.firm in allegiance; loyal; faithful; steadfast: a true friend.
3.being or reflecting the essential or genuine character of something: the true meaning of his statement.
Friend:
1.a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
2.a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter.
(Definitions retrieved from dictionary.com)
Put the two definitions together and it describes to you a True Friend. I believe a lot of people have not the slightest clue on what a true friend is or what it entails. When the going gets tough, a true friend puts on their armour and stands their ground right beside you, sword in hand. A true friend puts their arm around your shoulder and lets you know it will be a-okay. However, a true friend will also give you a good kick in the ass (figuratively speaking) when needed.
In my growing life time, I have mistaken a lot of people for this title. Hell, most of my "friends" I have mistaken for this title; but each friend lost, is a lesson gained. I regret no friendship and I regret no pain because each brought me to where I am today. Each 'friend' taught me a lesson and during their season each gave me some good times that I will forever remember.
Just a word to the wise, do not mistake an acquantance with being a true friend, because in the middle of war when you look to your left and you see them running, your feelings, pride, and heart will be hurt.
No comments:
Post a Comment